New Episode of “Ask Safe Havens”: “Improving School Crisis Response: Tips on how staff can prepare themselves to respond more quickly during school violence or other crisis events.“, video blog by Michael S. Dorn.
Improving School Crisis Response: Tips on how staff can prepare themselves to respond more quickly during school violence or other crisis events. (Ask Safe Havens) from Safe Havens International on Vimeo.
As an IRS approved non-profit school safety center, one of our main goals is to provide you with free resources and information that you can use immediately to make your schools or place of worship safer. Sources you’ll find on this site include:
- Michael Dorn’s blog, with regular posts on school safety with his own personal spin.
- The Safe Havens blog, with daily posts about news and other resources being added to our site.
- Our free Tactical Site Survey Template, to help you conduct a more professional and in-depth safety, security and emergency preparedness evaluation of your K-12 school.
- Campus crisis plan evaluation checklists
- Videos and articles that cover a variety of topics relevant to educators, public safety officials and the faith-based community
Whether you are seek campus safety learning resources, expert school safety consulting services, want to learn how to conduct school security, safety and emergency preparedness audits, need a school safety trainer or keynote speaker, or are just interested in learning more about school safety, our goal is to help you. We’re passionate about making K-12 public, private, charter and independent schools, colleges, universities, technical colleges and places of worship safer.
We also welcome your support by providing a variety of services at fees that are based on our cost to provide each service. We offer world class training, consulting, school safety keynote presentations, school safety assessments and other services at rates that usually range between 50% and 90% below that of private firms in the field. We also have a growing library of books, DVDs and other resources available for schools to purchase – and we offer cost-cutting options for those resources as well. The bottom line is that each of us at Safe Havens is in the field of school safety for our own very personal reasons, and we all share the common goal of working to help make children and youth safer wherever in the world they attend school or worship.
Thank you for visiting our site, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.