The links below lead to our school safety resources. There are several free resources available for download as well as training materials that schools can use to create a safer environment for education. The Weapons Demonstration video featuring Chris Dorn is often helpful to show the importance of a new dress code policy, and the Tactical Site Survey Template is an extremely helpful tool we use to evaluate the overall safety & warmth of a school (the two are closely related). For more about these two please see our Our Services page or contact us.
The PowerPoint presentations are small samples of just a few of our presentations. Feel free to view them and show them to colleagues and others who may find them helpful. Because of their large file size, they have been compressed as PDF files for easier viewing.
To download a resource right-click on the file type you’d like and choose “Save Target As” or “Save Link As”, then choose where you’d like to save the file on your computer.
- “Ask Safe Havens” video blog
- Michael Dorn’s Blog
- Safe Havens Blog
- Safe Topics
- School Safety Planning Templates
- School Safety Web Courses
- School Safety Glossary
- Concealed Weapons & Dress Code Video
- School Terrorism Timeline and Information
- eBook: Let None Learn in Fear
- PowerPoint slideshow programs:
- Bullying/School Climate Evaluation Resources
- Tactical Site Survey Resources
- Articles and Research Papers
- School Safety Planning Tools