Sign up here to receive announcements when new articles and research papers are released:
- Relative Risks of Death in U.S. K-12 Schools (PDF 1.7MB) by Stephen Satterly, Jr.
- School Safety Today: A review of recent approaches to safety and security in the field of K-12 Education in America (PDF 317K)
By Michael S. Dorn, Stephen Satterly, Jr., Phuong Dorn and Chris Dorn
- Evaluating an Expert Witness for School Safety Cases (PDF 688K)
By Michael S. Dorn, and Sue Ann Hartig, Esq.
- Fight, Flight or Lockdown – Teaching Students and Staff to Attack Active Shooters could Result in Decreased Casualties or Needless Deaths (PDF 180K)
By Michael S. Dorn and Stephen Satterly, Jr.
- Four Phases All Hazards Planning for Schools (PDF 250K)
- Business Continuity Planning for Schools (PDF 262KB)
- Recovery Planning for Schools (PDF 262KB)
- Bomb Threat Basics (6 pp): (PDF 155K)
- School Bus Terrorism: A Practical Analysis with Implications for America’s Schools (PDF 66k)
- Web-Based School Safety Training: (PDF 696K)
- Connecting Students to the Place of School the Boys and Girls Clubs’ Way: (PDF 656K)
- The Dangers of Target Identifiers: (PDF 652K)
- Do U.S. Schools Lag Behind on Access Control?: (PDF 788K)
- The Right Fit: (PDF 704K)
- Avoiding Gridlock by “What If?”: (PDF 660K)
- Prevention and Mitigation Planning: The First Phase of School Crisis Planning: (PDF 700K)
- Effective Family Reunification Planning (PDF 708K)
- School Safety in Vietnam (PDF 728K)
- Moving Forward With Campus Safety (PDF 700K)